Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I Got a Cookie in the Mail

 Not this:

But this!
1971 Topps Cookie Rojas - #118
That flying Mr. Rojas (and all the cards in this post) came to me from Joe at The Sandlot.  We'd been working on a trade for awhile...he sent me the cards last fall(!!!) and I am just now posting them.

Cookie was the main thing I wanted from him, but I ended up with a bunch of other stuff I wanted, too.

The scan doesn't show it well, but this is an acetate card.

2007 Upper Deck Elements - #103 - Mark Teahen
This is a metal card
1999 Skybox Molten Metal Explosion - #126 - Jeremy Giambi
This is Jeff Montgomery shooting his arm as a gun.
1997 Metal Universe - #95 - Jeff Montgomery
And this is Keith Lockhart getting attacked by a ginormous spider and some vines.  Oh Metal Universe....how I love thee.
1997 Metal Universe - #94 - Keith Lockhart
Here's Greinke with a nice blue border.
2009 UD A Piece of History - #43 - Zack Greinke - Blue Parallel - #/299
And a couple of old guys:
2007 SP Legendary Americana - #62 - Jefferson Davis
2007 SP Legendary Americana - #68 - Samuel F.B. Morse

That Samuel F.B. Morse was quite a looker (and so many medals!)  Anybody know morse code?  I've got a hankering to go buy a telegraph machine now.  My first message will be:
"SOS - I AM A ROYALS FAN - PLEASE HELP"

Does anyone else have any "Legendary Americana"?  These are actually pretty neat.

Thanks again, Joe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...