Friday, April 10, 2015

Last-In, First-Out

When dealing with inputs/outputs, you have to decide how to process them.  You can process them either as First-In, First-Out (FIFO) or Last-In, First-Out (LIFO).  FIFO is used by grocery stores to stock their shelves so that you buy whatever is oldest before you buy the new stuff.  LIFO is what you use for stacking plates in your kitchen cabinet...whatever you just cleaned gets put on the top of the stack and used first the next time.  Selling stocks can use either method, depending on what you want your basis to be.

Why am I talking about this?  I think most bloggers (myself included) try to use a FIFO method for posting our trade packages.  If someone sent me something 5 weeks ago, I want to show that off before I show the stuff I got today.  However, I am hopelessly behind (I have a 1-year-old....it's been a crazy year) on a bunch of the stuff that has been sent to me (including the JBFJ "Ton of Bricks" that he sent me WAY LAST YEAR and I still need to show off), but I still want to post some of the recent stuff in a timely manner. 

I won a recent contest run by Arpsmith.  He and I are neighbors.  Well, not next-door neighbors, but with our recent moves, we now live in the same 'burb.  We haven't met yet (I can't be friends with a Giants fan after last October ;-)), but we are card buddies.  From his contest he sent a bunch of 2015 Topps and some Royals goodies.

First of all, a bunch of 2015 Topps base:


Next, he gave me the two relics from his box that were NOT Nolan Ryan:


Finally, he tossed me a package of  Royals that I needed...my favorite of which makes me want to go for a sprint:

How happy did all this make me?  Very happy.  Like....SALVY-HAPPY.


Thanks, Adam!

2 comments:

  1. Usually I'm a FIFO kind of guy when it comes to card packages from fellow bloggers. But I have four packages sitting in my office that I haven't touched... one I received three weeks ago. My plan is to hammer it out tomorrow... probably smallest to biggest, so STB ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FIFO is ideal (in my opinion), but when you start getting that backlog.....YIKES. At some point you just throw them all in a big pile and pick one out at random. :-)

      Delete

Have something to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...